In the summer, a dad joke ad campaign was launched by HHS’ Administration for Children and Families (ACF), and the National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse.
The dad jokes are included in both print ads and a minute-long commercial, which shows kids reciting the lame lines and chuckling to the camera at them. By showing just a small portion of what a father's relationship with their child might involve, the PSA communicates the importance of spending time with one's children, in any capacity that they can, as these moments have the potential to make a large and positive impact.
The simplistic print ads show children laughing, along with the campaign name, #DadJokesRule, included. The ads direct viewers to the fatherhood.gov site, where they can find "helpful tips, tools, information and jokes to help them get more involved with their kids."
Image Credit: National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse
These Humorous PSAs Highlight the Importance of a Father's Involvement
1. Humorous PSA Campaigns - Opportunities to create lighthearted ad campaigns that deliver impactful messages in an entertaining way for a variety of causes.
2. Fatherhood Advertising - Innovative advertising that targets and encourages fathers to take an active role in their children's lives.
3. Print Ads in Public Service Campaigns - Using simple and direct print ads to share important messages to a wide audience.
1. Advertising - Opportunities for advertising agencies to create campaigns with a unique twist that humorously highlights important social issues.
2. Fatherhood Support Services - Opportunities to supplement existing fatherhood support services with engaging content that helps fathers find the joy in spending time with their children.
3. Child and Family Services - Using humor to connect with and educate families about the importance of spending quality time with their children and highlighting resources available for support.