Gareth Pugh designed this ultra-hip cyberpunk Christmas tree for London’s Topshop clothing outlets. The traditional symbol of the holiday has been touched with Pugh’s futuristic style. The tree is 2.8 m tall and is lit with 60 white neon light tubes.
The designer described the creation as being inspired by his spring/summer collection for 2009. Do ya think?
Pugh adds “I think the simple melding of tradition and modernity aptly suits the mood at the moment; we are all looking to a brighter future.”
Gareth Pugh for Topshop
1. Cyberpunk Fashion - Opportunity for the fashion industry to embrace futuristic aesthetics and blend them with traditional designs.
2. Futuristic Holiday Decor - Potential for the home decor industry to incorporate futuristic elements into traditional holiday decorations.
3. Artistic Collaboration - Chance for artists and designers to collaborate and create unique and innovative holiday installations.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion brands to experiment with unconventional holiday designs.
2. Home Decor - Opportunity for the home decor industry to tap into the growing demand for futuristic holiday decorations.
3. Art and Design - Chance for artists and designers to explore the fusion of traditional and futuristic aesthetics in their creations.