Cutwater Mezcal is the latest offering from Cutwater Spirits, a brand that's dedicated to providing great-tasting products that contribute to its long-term sustainability goals.
The limited-run launch kicks off the brand's new production initiative, which supports wild agaves in the region. For each of the Cenizo Agaves that Cutwater harvests for the spirit, it promises to plant five Cenizo Hijuelos, which translates to "baby agaves." The brand is able to accomplish this by utilizing an on-premise nursery, which it plans to continuously build-out so that it can support more of its production.
Cutwater Mezcal is available for purchase through the brand's online shop, where it's sold in 750mL bottles, which are 90 proof, free of gluten, and contain 45% ABV.
Image Credit: Cutwater Spirits
Cutwater Mezcal Comes from Agave Plants on an on-Premise Nursery
1. Sustainable Agriculture - Cutwater Mezcal's use of an on-premise nursery to support wild agaves presents an opportunity for sustainable agriculture practices in the production of alcoholic beverages.
2. Ethical Consumerism - The inclusion of the promise to plant five 'baby agaves' for each Cenizo Agave harvested for Cutwater Mezcal seeks to appeal to consumers looking to make socially and environmentally conscious purchase decisions.
3. Transparency in Production - With its dedication to long-term sustainability goals, Cutwater Spirits can seize on the trend of consumers seeking transparency in the production and sourcing of goods.
1. Alcoholic Beverages - Cutwater Mezcal's production initiative presents an opportunity for growth in the sustainable alcohol industry.
2. Agriculture - The use of an on-premise nursery for Cutwater's production of Mezcal agaves can spur innovation in sustainable agriculture practices.
3. Consumer Goods - By appealing to ethical and conscious consumption, Cutwater's Mezcal can set the standard for transparency and social responsibility in the production of consumer goods.