A cricket pavilion in Melbourne is overhauled by Winter Architecture and Zunica Interior Architecture who are commissioned to enable a seamless design dynamic that can contribute to a lively community hub.
The building of the Kinley Cricket Club has been identified as a heritage site, hence, during the update, the architects were concerned about preserving the noteworthy characteristics of the 19th-century structure. The re-design of the cricket pavilion looked for opportunities to open up the space to the public and attract crowds as a community-centric establishment. In it, individuals can enjoy the functions of a cricket club, a coffee shop, as well as a space for individuals to sit and socialize. To supplement these ambitious functions, Winter Architects produce a minimalist and modern aesthetic for the cricket pavilion.
Photo Credits: Nicole England
Winter Architecture Re-Designs a Space to Be Flexible & Modern
1. Community-centric Design - Opportunity to create flexible and modern spaces that serve as community hubs in various industries.
2. Preservation and Innovation - Opportunity to update historic structures while preserving their noteworthy characteristics.
3. Multi-functional Spaces - Opportunity to design spaces that serve multiple purposes, attracting diverse crowds.
1. Architecture - Opportunity for architects to create innovative designs that blend heritage preservation with modern functionality.
2. Hospitality - Opportunity for coffee shops and restaurants to incorporate community spaces and attract diverse customer bases.
3. Sports and Recreation - Opportunity to transform sports facilities into multi-functional community hubs that cater to different interests and activities.