Outdoor adventure gear is often built to last a lifetime, but these new Crescent Moon snowshoes take things in a decidedly more eco-friendly direction for explorers to admire. The products have been launched as part of the brand's 2020/2021 collection and include the Eva snowshoes and the Luna running snowshoes, which are both crafted from Eco-Plastic foam. This material is comprised of non-edible components like corn starch and food waste that will provide a durable product that's perfect for use in temperatures as low as -20 degrees Celsius.
The Crescent Moon snowshoes are capable of breaking down and starting to degrade by as much as 50% in just four months time before achieving full degradation within one year. This makes the gear perfect for a single season of winter exploration.
These Crescent Moon Snowshoes are Sustainably Crafted
1. Eco-friendly Adventure Gear - There is an opportunity to develop other types of eco-friendly adventure gear using biodegradable materials.
2. Sustainable Winter Sports Equipment - Developing winter sports equipment that is both sustainable and functional presents an opportunity for innovation in the industry.
3. Biodegradable Foam Technology - Creating new and innovative uses for biodegradable foam technology could be a disruptive innovation opportunity.
1. Outdoor Recreation - The outdoor recreation industry can capitalize on the growing demand for sustainable and eco-friendly gear by offering new products made with biodegradable materials.
2. Winter Sports - The winter sports industry can leverage the demand for sustainable equipment by exploring new manufacturing methods using biodegradable materials.
3. Packaging - The packaging industry could benefit from the development of biodegradable foam technology by expanding the use of eco-friendly packaging materials.