The Cowshed House is aptly named considering that before housing humans, it was built for cows. A relic of the area's former existence, the family who purchased it was at odds at first about taking such a chance on an older property. Nevertheless, the architecture firm they approached before pulling the trigger advised them that the Cowshed House was a rare opportunity to preserve some of the character and charm of this eclectic neighbourhood.
Considering the increase of soul-less shoebox condos and other modern residences, hanging onto the past such as the Cowshed House does is not a terrible thing but a coveted chance to be party to something so special. Especially after it was revamped to accommodate contemporary living.
The Cowshed House by Carterwilliamson Architects is Full of History
1. Preservation Architecture - The trend towards recycling the past and utilizing older buildings for new lifestyles, creating opportunities to preserve the character and charm of communities.
2. Rustic Revival - Reviving the rustic style in design, architecture and interiors, creating opportunities to merge traditional and contemporary design elements.
3. Modern Farmhouse - The trend towards modernizing farmhouses through technology, creativity, and environmentally friendly design, creating opportunities to repurpose and revitalize agricultural properties.
1. Architecture and Construction - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist to create a balance between preserving the character of historical buildings while incorporating modern technology and eco-friendly designs.
2. Real Estate - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist for real estate agents to help clients fuse their love of traditional architecture with modern living.
3. Sustainability - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist for creating innovative solutions to repurpose existing infrastructures and create sustainable and environmentally friendly communities.