One of the newest desserts to be served by the Dominque Ansel Bakery Japan is an unusual one that combines grilled corn and ice cream.
The 'Crème de la Corn' is a combination of grilled corn that's been topped with a serving of soft ice cream in a caramel sweet corn flavor. Chef Dominique Ansel got the inspiration for this unusual dessert when he was visiting the Tsukiji Market in Japan earlier this year. What gives this dessert its authentic corn flavor is adding not just the kernals of corn, but grinding up the hard core as well, which is a practice that takes cues from French cooking.
The unique ice cream treat is served like a flower with the husks of the grilled corn peeled back to resemble delicate petals.
The Dominque Ansel Bakery Japan Serves a Corn and Ice Cream Treat
1. Unconventional Desserts - Incorporating non-traditional ingredients and flavors into desserts to create new and unique taste experiences.
2. Hybrid Snacks - Combining unexpected snacks or treats together to create new and exciting flavor combinations.
3. Innovative Food Presentation - Using creative and visually appealing methods to present food in a unique and memorable way.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunities for restaurants, cafes, and food trucks to experiment with unconventional dessert concepts and hybrid snack offerings.
2. Hospitality - Innovative food presentation techniques can create enhanced guest experiences and differentiate brands in a crowded hospitality market.
3. Retail - Retailers could leverage hybrid snack trends and offer unconventional packaged snacks in order to attract customers looking for unique taste experiences.