Some may agree and some may not, but the cities, both real and imagined, that comic book heroes reside in and protect are often as iconic as the vigilantes themselves; case in point, the Comic Travel Locations poster series. Although there are more designers, artists and photographers inspired by the superhero themselves, these prints show that there is much more to these fleshed out comics than just them.
Created by Justin Van Genderen, an illustrator based in Chicago, the Comic Travel Locations poster series takes notes from the slew of minimalist, vintage-esque prints that have popped up in the last few months. Comprised of fantastical cities like Metropolis and Gotham City as well as existing metropolises like Tokyo and New York, these posters truly embody the essence and look of each stunningly.
The Comic Travel Locations Collection Features Minimalist Metropolises
1. Minimalist Travel Posters - Design inspiration for posters that reimagine famous locations in a minimalist and vintage style.
2. Fictional City Iconography - Opportunities for creative branding and merchandise that showcases cities made famous by fiction.
3. City-themed Art Collections - The rise of curated art collections featuring iconic cityscapes that appeal to a broad audience.
1. Graphic Design - The poster design industry can offer more creative options inspired by the minimalist and vintage style look.
2. Retail and Merchandise - Promotion and sales opportunities for merchandise retailers seeking to capitalize on fiction-based city iconography.
3. Art Collections - Opportunities to create curated collections featuring iconic cityscapes to appeal to art buyers and enthusiasts.