With the COMB Dump Truck, the often painfully long process of completing ground works in construction might be significantly reduced. Designers Philip Schütz and Rostyslav Akselrud were looking at how much time is wasted while one tractor's container is filled and the excavator waits. The solution was to make a machine with two flatbeds that would prevent idling time between tractors.
The COMB Dump Truck could be filled by the digger until full capacity, upon which the autonomous vehicle is driven away to a place for the dirt's disposal. While this is happening, the scooper could begin filling the second dumpster, preparing it for relocation and removal after the loader's return. By this method, the equipment would deal with the same job at double the pace.
The COMB Dump Truck Eliminates Unproductive Idling Time on Site
1. Efficiency-enhanced Tractors - The development of tractors with improved efficiency and productivity offers opportunities for cost and time savings in various industries.
2. Autonomous Vehicles - The use of autonomous vehicles in construction and transportation industries can reduce idle time and improve overall productivity.
3. Dual-function Equipment - The integration of dual-function equipment, such as the COMB Dump Truck, can streamline processes and increase efficiency in construction and earthworks projects.
1. Construction - Efficiency-enhanced tractors and autonomous vehicles can revolutionize construction processes, reducing idle time and increasing productivity.
2. Transportation - The adoption of autonomous vehicles, like the COMB Dump Truck, in transportation and logistics industries can optimize operations and minimize wasted time.
3. Earthworks - Dual-function equipment, such as the COMB Dump Truck, presents disruptive innovation opportunities for improving efficiency and reducing idle time in earthworks projects.