Saving coins for a rainy day is a commonplace task but is often associated with a slight sense of loss, so the 'Plop' coin bank concept is designed to combat against this notion.
Designed by Jaejong Ro, the coin bank features a minimalist form that allows coins to be easily dropped into it to save up for a rainy day. The coins will trigger a wishing well-inspired feedback to give the user a bit of positive reinforcement when saving their currency. This also encourages the user to treat every coin they save as a wish rather than just a means to save money.
The 'Plop' coin bank concept will provide a visualized experience as well by physically raising the water-inspired top cover to communicate when it's time to empty it.
The 'Plop' Coin Bank Concept by Jaejong Ro is Experiential
1. Experiential Saving - The 'Plop' coin bank concept offers an experiential saving experience.
2. Positive Reinforcement Feedback - The wishing well-inspired feedback of the 'Plop' coin bank concept offers positive reinforcement to users.
3. Minimalist Form - The minimalist form of the 'Plop' coin bank concept allows for easy coin dropping and a sleek aesthetic.
1. Personal Finance - The 'Plop' coin bank concept offers a unique and experiential approach to personal finance management.
2. Product Design - Designers can create similar minimalist and interactive product designs for other personal finance products.
3. Toy Design - Toy designers can create similar experiential and interactive coin banks for children to encourage saving habits from a young age.