CogniToys, the makers of Wi-Fi-connected learning toys, debuted an all-new companion at the New York Toy Fair: CogniToys Scout. Scout is described as "the smartest and most interactive member of the CogniToys family to date," as it is a toy that can do everything from play games to field questions and offer jokes.
The smart companion is packed with cutting-edge hardware features, including touch sensors that respond to a child's touch, built-in smart LED lights that help Scout to express a range of emotions, as well as ambient sensors that allow the toy to detect a change in its surroundings.
As IoT toys often raise concerns over privacy and child safety, CogniToys has addressed this in Scout by including a Push-to-Talk Functionality, which means that the toy only "listens" on command.
Image Credit: CogniToys
CogniToys' 'Scout' is a Toy That Plays, Jokes and Chats
1. Intelligent Voice-controlled Toys - CogniToys' Scout showcases the potential for intelligent voice-controlled toys in the market.
2. Wi-fi-connected Learning Toys - CogniToys' Wi-Fi-connected learning toys demonstrate the growing trend of incorporating technology into educational play.
3. Privacy and Safety in Iot Toys - CogniToys' addressing of privacy and safety concerns paves the way for innovative solutions in the IoT toy industry.
1. Toy Manufacturing - The toy manufacturing industry has the opportunity to incorporate intelligent voice-controlled features into their products.
2. Edtech - The EdTech industry can leverage Wi-Fi-connected learning toys to create interactive educational experiences.
3. Iot Security - The IoT security industry can develop solutions to ensure the privacy and safety of connected toys.