Launched in Portugal, the Coca-Cola 'Rivalry Wallet' campaign sets out to discover just how honest people actually are -- and the results will surprise you.
Coca-Cola placed a "lost" wallet inside the Benfica ticket office in Portugal days before a big football match to see how many people would return it to the ticket counter. Inside the wallet, which was left open for people to see the contents easily, was a ticket for the match belonging to a supporter of the rival team. The video here shows the many people who stopped to pick up the wallet and study its contents. How many people do you think actually returned it? A surprising 95 percent!
To reward these honest individuals, Coca-Cola had people surround them with applause, and then rewarded them with bottles of Coke in addition to a game ticket. I wonder what Coca-Cola did for the people who weren't so honest?
Coca-Cola 'Rivalry Wallet' Looks for Virtuous Individuals
1. Honesty-awarding Campaigns - Brands can develop campaigns that incentivize honesty to promote positive values and increase brand loyalty.
2. Social Experiment Marketing - Brands can create campaigns that involve conducting real-life experiments to connect with consumers and promote values.
3. Reward-based Marketing - Rewarding consumers who display positive behavior can motivate others to do the same, boosting brand loyalty and reputation.
1. Beverage Industry - Beverage companies can incentivize positive behavior among customers while promoting brand loyalty and reputation.
2. Marketing Industry - Marketing firms can develop campaigns that promote positive values and conduct real-life experiments to engage with consumers.
3. Hospitality Industry - Hotels, restaurants and other establishments can reward customers who display honesty and integrity with incentives such as discounts or freebies.