If you thought scary clowns were merely a figment of your imagination, think again: Eolo Perfido's latest series 'Clownville' brings the clowns of your worst nightmares to life.
There's something particularly sad and grotesque about Perfido's clowns. They are not the typical horror movie portrayal, gleeful in their bloodlust; rather, there is something all too human about them, which is perhaps the most frightening aspect.
A sense of weariness pervades the photographs, as if the clown in question has simply surrendered him or herself to their terrible, lonely fate. This is especially evident in the shot of a shirtless man with a large gut and partial clown makeup, looking apathetic and dejected as he sits, smoking a cigarette, on a red velvet chaise.
'Clownville' Features a Cast of Disturbing Oddballs
1. Scary Clowns - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating new experiences and products that tap into the fascination and fear of scary clowns.
2. Gothic Photography - Potential for disruptive innovation in the field of photography to explore darker themes and evoke unsettling emotions through visual storytelling.
3. Humanizing Horror - Disruptive innovation opportunities lie in using horror as a means to explore the human condition and provoke deep emotions in unexpected ways.
1. Entertainment - Opportunities in the entertainment industry to create new types of haunted experiences and horror-themed attractions that feature disturbing clowns.
2. Art - Disruptive innovation potential for artists to challenge traditional notions of beauty and embrace darker themes in their work, inspired by grotesque clown portraits.
3. Fashion and Costume Design - Innovative potential in fashion and costume design to incorporate elements of creepy clowns into alternative and edgy clothing collections and character costumes.