Italian artist Lorenzo Quinn has erected a colossal climate change sculpture to serve as a cautionary reminder of the perils of human-caused damage and its lasting impact on the environment. Italy's beloved city, Venice finds itself sinking rampantly as global warming speeds up, now reportedly being swallowed at a rate that's 5 times faster than previously predicted.
Quinn sought to address the issue through his sculpture, 'Support,' which features two 5,000 pound hands erupting from Venice's heavily populated Grand Canal and grasping the walls of the historic Ca' Sagredo Hotel.
The climate change sculpture is a plea to action forcing the general public, scientists and social and political influences to notice and take responsibility for the devastating and irreversible effects of climate-change. Halcyon Gallery, the gallery responsible for funding the project, says optimistically "The hands symbolize tools that can both destroy the world, but also have the capacity to save it."
Lorenzo Quinn's Sculpture Reminds Viewers of Environmental Effects
1. Climate Change Awareness - Opportunity for businesses to create innovative campaigns and initiatives that raise awareness about the devastating effects of climate change.
2. Art as Activism - Potential for artists and creative professionals to use their work as a medium for activism and social commentary, sparking conversations and driving change.
3. Environmental Responsibility - Demand for industries to adopt sustainable practices and develop eco-friendly solutions to reduce their impact on the environment.
1. Art Galleries - Opportunity for art galleries to showcase and promote socially and environmentally-conscious artworks that address pressing global issues like climate change.
2. Sustainable Tourism - Potential for the tourism industry to create eco-conscious travel experiences that educate and inspire individuals about the importance of environmental conservation.
3. Corporate Social Responsibility - Demand for businesses to prioritize their social and environmental impact by implementing sustainable practices and supporting initiatives that address climate change.