Patagonia's 'Clean Color' line rejects the use of synthetic dyes in favor of only natural dyes made with from the earth. Some of the natural colors that appeal throughout the collection include Citrus Brown, Carmine Pink and Pomegranate Grey, which come from sources like bitter citrus peels, dried beetles and pomegranate rinds.
Although one might think that there are limitations when it comes to colors that can be created with all-natural materials, Patagonia's Clean Color collection proves otherwise, with garments that feature a range of hues from blue and green to bright pink.
Since only plant-based dyes are used as part of this line, Patagonia remarks that "the colors change and fade over time, but that’s part of what makes these dyes unique."
Patagonia's 'Clean Color' Line Features Earthy Tones
1. Sustainable Fashion - More clothing brands are embracing sustainable practices like using natural dyes in their collections.
2. Natural Dyes - The use of natural dyes in clothing production is a growing trend among environmentally conscious brands.
3. Plant-based Materials - Clothing made with plant-based materials and natural dyes are becoming increasingly popular among consumers concerned with sustainability.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry has a growing opportunity to embrace sustainable practices like using natural dyes and plant-based materials in their collections.
2. Textile - The textile industry can explore using more natural dyes in their manufacturing processes to cater to the demand for sustainable and eco-friendly products.
3. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods companies can introduce more environmentally conscious products like clothing made with natural dyes and plant-based materials to appeal to eco-conscious consumers.