If sugary cereal isn't enough to get you going in the morning, these cereal cookies might. As photographed by Drew Swantak, the cookie recipe comes from Thrillist's Perry Santanachote. The treats were made by baking cereal into white chocolate chip cookies with added oatmeal for health reasons.
Inspired by Food52, Perry churned shots of Momofuku Milk Bar's cereal milk into cereal milk ice cream and used that to create a next level cereal-themed ice cream sandwich. The cereal cookies can be made with two cups of any kind of cereal you like and you can also make a mixture. Perry tried Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, Fruit Loops and what appears to be Corn Flakes.
This Morning-Appropriate Cookie Recipe Makes Great Ice Cream Sandwiches
1. Cereal-based Treats - Opportunity for creating innovative snacks and desserts using breakfast cereals as a main ingredient.
2. Cereal Milk Infused Products - Disruptive potential in incorporating cereal milk into different food and beverage items to create unique flavors and experiences.
3. Health-conscious Cereal Recipes - Emerging trend of incorporating healthier ingredients, such as oatmeal, into cereal-based recipes to cater to health-conscious consumers.
1. Food Manufacturing - Opportunity for food manufacturers to develop and produce cereal-based snacks, desserts, and infused products.
2. Bakery and Confectionery - Potential for bakeries and confectionery stores to offer cereal-based cookies, ice cream sandwiches, and other innovative treats that appeal to cereal lovers.
3. Frozen Dessert - Disruptive potential for ice cream manufacturers to create cereal-infused flavors and capitalize on the cereal milk trend.