Catherine Hernandez is a talented queer woman of color who also happens to be a single mom. All of these points and more are explored in her latest performance, The Femme Playlist, which is part of the afterRocks Play. A production put on by b current and hosted by Buddies in Bad Times Theatre in Toronto, Canada, Catherine Hernandez's The Femme Playlist explores her unique life experiences, "from masturbation to motherhood, body shame to burlesque," as written on her Facebook page.
Created by Catherine Hernandez, with direction by 2014 Ken McDougall award-winning director Gein Wong, The Femme Playlist is a multidisciplinary feast for the eyes that includes fierce Filipino fan dancing, soulful live singing and more. Performing until October 25, 2014, Catherine Hernandez will steal people's hearts in this play.
The Femme Playlist by Catherine Hernandez is Insightful and Inspiring
1. Queer Cultural Performances - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create inclusive and diverse cultural performances that celebrate queer identities and experiences.
2. Single Parenthood Narratives - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore and showcase the unique experiences and challenges of single parents through various forms of storytelling.
3. Multidisciplinary Theatre Productions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Fuse different art forms, such as fan dancing and live singing, to create immersive and captivating theatre experiences.
1. Performing Arts - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace diversity and elevate marginalized voices in the performing arts industry by supporting and showcasing inclusive productions.
2. Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop platforms and events that provide representation and empowerment for single parents, contributing to a more inclusive entertainment industry.
3. Cultural Events - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Organize multidisciplinary cultural events that promote inclusivity and offer unique experiences for audiences.