Rivalries that have existed between competing brands for many years are now heating up with bold marketing tactics like Burger King Brazil's 'Burn That Ad.' Within its app, Burger King is now giving people the ability to burn the ads of competitors using augmented reality in order to be rewarded with coupons. Users are able to scan ads and collect digital content from other major burger chains, see the advertisements virtually go up in flames before their eyes, then receive a coupon for a complimentary Burger King Whopper.
With Burn That Ad, as well as taking its competitors down a peg and subtly referencing the way it cooks its burgers over a flame grill, Burger King is promoting its BK Express service, which lets customers conveniently pre-order their food for pickup via a mobile device.
Burger King's 'Burn That Ad' Rewards Users for Destroying Competitors' Ads
1. AR Ad-destroying Apps - The trend of augmented reality ad-destroying apps is disrupting the advertising industry and providing opportunities for brands to creatively engage with customers.
2. Gamified Marketing - Gamified marketing tactics, like Burger King's 'Burn That Ad,' are disrupting traditional marketing methods and encouraging brands to innovate with interactive experiences.
3. Mobile Ordering Services - Mobile ordering services like BK Express are disrupting the fast food industry by offering customers a more convenient and personalized experience.
1. Advertising Industry - The trend of AR ad-destroying apps is disrupting the advertising industry by challenging traditional methods and incentivizing creative thinking.
2. Marketing Industry - Gamified marketing tactics like 'Burn That Ad' are disrupting the marketing industry by offering interactive experiences that engage customers in new and innovative ways.
3. Fast Food Industry - Mobile ordering services like BK Express are disrupting the fast food industry by offering customers a more convenient and personalized experience, and encouraging other brands to innovate in the space.