Burger Glitch is a new campaign from Burger King that speaks to gamers and engages them in finding deals in the Burger King app. Users have the chance to claim special deals and discounts by finding buggy offers and sharing them on social media.
The Burger Glitch campaign is infiltrating not just the brand's fast food app but also its social media channels, self-serve totems, stores and advertisements across Brazilian cities.
To complete the campaign, Burger King is offering up "glitched versions" of its iconic Whopper. With too many patties, nuggets or potatoes inside, these versions of the sandwiches speak to gamers in Brazil, all the while celebrating imperfections and life's oddities. Some of the sandwiches even feature a smaller sandwich added to the Whopper and as Burger King argues, "it's not a mistake if it's delicious."
The Burger Glitch Campaign Celebrates Imperfections & Rewards App Users
1. Gamification of Deals - Brands can engage customers by incorporating game-like elements into their discount programs.
2. Celebration of Imperfection - Marketing campaigns that celebrate and embrace imperfections can resonate with consumers who value authenticity and uniqueness.
3. Omnichannel Advertising - Marketing campaigns that reach customers through a variety of channels, such as social media, mobile apps, and in-store displays, can increase brand visibility and engagement.
1. Fast Food - Fast food chains can utilize gamification and creative marketing campaigns to attract and retain customers.
2. Mobile Apps - Mobile app developers can create apps with gamified features, such as reward systems, to increase user engagement.
3. Advertising/marketing - Advertising and marketing agencies can incorporate omni-channel strategies and celebrate authenticity and uniqueness in their campaigns.