If you've ever wanted to create your own McDonald's burger, their new online burger builder could be your chance. With the help of Razorfish London, McDonald's UK is launching a new contest where you can make your own burger and vote on other entries. The fast food restaurant will take the top five picks and sell them in stores this fall.
The burger builder tool lets you customize your brand new burger with bun and topping options, allowing for up to six ingredients and 80 combination choices. In addition to choosing between bun varieties, bacon or chorizo, the burger builder also encourages to name your creation. So far, fan favorites include 'Urban Heat' and 'The Sweet Swiss.'
McDonald's Burger Builder Lets Customers Customize New Sandwiches
1. Customized Fast Food - The trend of customized fast food is disrupting the fast food industry by allowing customers to create their own unique burger combinations.
2. Crowdsourced Product Development - The trend of crowdsourced product development is disrupting the food industry by involving customers in the creation and selection process of new menu items.
3. Interactive Online Contests - The trend of interactive online contests is disrupting the marketing industry by engaging customers in creative activities and incorporating their input into brand promotions.
1. Fast Food - The fast food industry has an opportunity for disruptive innovation by implementing customizable burger options that cater to individual taste preferences.
2. Food - The food industry has an opportunity for disruptive innovation by utilizing crowdsourced product development to create new menu items based on customer preferences.
3. Marketing - The marketing industry has an opportunity for disruptive innovation by leveraging interactive online contests to enhance customer engagement and generate user-generated content.