HolisticHabits' brussels sprouts chips recipe is a fun and healthy alternative to snacking on some of the more well-known vegetable chips like ones made from potatoes or kale. Brussels sprouts are not for everyone, but these super greens are packed with anti-inflammatory and detoxifying properties, as well as fiber, plus Vitamins C and K.
To make these chips at home, all you'll need to do is remove the stems from the individual sprouts and start separating the leaves from one another. From there, the brussels sprout leaves are massaged with coconut oil, sea salt and maple syrup before they're tossed into the dehydrator or oven at a low heat to make them nice and crispy. Much like a kale chip, the leaves give the satisfying crunch of a potato chip without being unhealthy.
This Healthy Homemade Chip Recipe Calls for an Unusual Green
1. Healthy Snack Alternatives - Creating alternative chip recipes using unconventional vegetables presents an opportunity for healthy snacking options.
2. Superfood Snacks - Incorporating nutrient-rich vegetables like brussels sprouts into snack recipes taps into the growing demand for superfood snacks.
3. DIY Dehydrated Snacks - Encouraging the use of dehydrators and ovens to create homemade snacks provides an opportunity for individuals to take control of their snacking habits and experiment with flavors.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can explore new product offerings and capitalize on the demand for healthier snack options.
2. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can promote the benefits of brussels sprouts as a superfood ingredient and market it as a wholesome snack alternative.
3. Kitchen Appliances - The kitchen appliance industry can highlight the use of dehydrators and ovens in creating homemade snacks and promote the versatility of these appliances for healthy cooking.