C3 Carciofo is a new and intriguing botanical spirit from the Don Ciccio & Figli distillery based out of Washington, D.C.
This unusual artichoke liqueur features an infusion of three different types of artichokes, grapefruit and 18 botanical ingredients that are barrel-aged for the entirety of a year. As distiller and founder Francesco Amodeo says: "My grandfather Giovanni gave me the 18 botanicals blend recipe. He said to me, 'You have to make sure that your artichoke aperitivo will taste like it has been made in 1950.'"
Some of the alcoholic beverages that are being made with artichoke liqueur include mint juleps, as well as other fresh and inspiring creations with homemade herbaceous
bitters and fenugreek syrup.
This Botanical Spirit is Infused with Artichokes and Grapefruit
1. Botanical Artichoke Spirits - Alcohol infused with artichokes and other botanicals create new opportunities for artisanal distilleries
2. Barrel-aged Botanical Liqueurs - Barrel-aging botanical spirits provides a unique flavor profile and opportunity for premium pricing
3. Homemade Craft Cocktails - Mixologists experimenting with homemade herbaceous bitters and syrups introduce new cocktail trends
1. Craft Distilleries - Small-batch distilleries can create unique and premium products by experimenting with botanicals and barrel-aging
2. Beverage Catering - Beverage catering companies can create specialty cocktails using botanical spirits for weddings and large events
3. Home Bartending - Homemade craft cocktails with unique botanical ingredients become a trend among home bartending enthusiasts