Bike couriers are the least glamorous and often hardest working people around. Photographer Ruud Baan and Holland’s JFK Magazine have teamed together for a 'Bike Courier' editorial that is turning that stereotype on its head.
Featuring smokin’ hot model Simon de Boekers, Baan, according to swipelife.com, thought “that courier companies should pay more attention to their employees and dress them in the most fashionable way, believing that image counts.” Using bicycle manufacturing firm Raar to get them moving, the 'Bike Courier' editorial turns couriers from drab to fab!
JFK Magazine's 'Bike Courier' Editorial Expedites the Cool Factor
1. Fashionable Couriers - The trend of dressing up bike couriers in fashionable clothing to enhance their image and make the job more appealing.
2. Alternative Transportation Fashion - The trend of incorporating fashion into alternative transportation, such as bikes, to promote a cool and stylish image.
3. Rebranding Working Class - The trend of rebranding traditionally blue-collar jobs, like bike couriers, as fashionable and desirable career options.
1. Fashion Apparel - Opportunities for clothing brands to design and supply fashionable clothing specifically for bike couriers.
2. Bicycle Manufacturing - Opportunities for bicycle manufacturers to collaborate with fashion brands to create stylish bikes for alternative transportation.
3. Courier Services - Opportunities for courier companies to rebrand themselves as trendy and fashionable by investing in fashionable uniforms for their employees.