In a hilarious new commercial, Subway Canada uses celebrity chef and home-maker Martha Stewart to endorse their newest product: Beyond Meatball Subs. Stewart emphasizes the plant-based nature of the Beyond Meatball Subs by cheekily suggesting Beyond Meatballs are grown on plants rooted in a pot of marinara sauce. The commercial riffs on popular cooking show cliches. Martha Stewart uses sterling silver shears to harvest her Beyond Meatballs, but humorously claims "any silver will do."
A growing number of fast food chains have incorporated vegetarian options on their menus in order to stay competitive and accommodate changing consumer diets. Beyond Meatballs are made from plant proteins like mung beans and brown rice. The Beyond Meatball Sub is much richer in protein than Subway's other vegetarian sandwich, the Veggie Delite. Customers have the choice between a classic marina, or a lettuce and tomato option.
Image Credit: Subway
Martha Stewart Endorses Subway's Beyond Meatball Subs
1. Celebrity-endorsed Vegetarian Meatballs - Subway Canada's use of celebrity chef Martha Stewart to endorse their Beyond Meatball Subs highlights the trend of celebrity endorsements in the vegetarian food industry.
2. Plant-based Fast Food Menu Options - The growing number of fast food chains offering vegetarian options, like Subway's Beyond Meatball Sub, reflects the trend of accommodating changing consumer diets.
3. Protein-rich Vegetarian Alternatives - The use of plant proteins like mung beans and brown rice in products like Beyond Meatballs presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the vegetarian food industry.
1. Fast Food - The incorporation of vegetarian options on fast food menus, like Subway's Beyond Meatball Sub, disrupts the traditional fast food industry.
2. Celebrity Endorsements - The trend of using celebrity endorsements, as seen in Subway Canada's commercial with Martha Stewart, is disrupting the advertising and marketing industry.
3. Vegetarian Food - The rise of protein-rich vegetarian alternatives, such as Beyond Meatballs, is disrupting the vegetarian food industry by offering more appealing options to consumers.