Taco Bell has introduced a new partnership with Beyond Meat in order to launch the ‘Beyond Carne Asada Steak,’ a meat-free, plant-based carne asada that is made with wheat gluten and fava bean protein. The new menu addition will be priced similarly to the regular carne asada items like the ‘Crunchwrap Supreme’ or tacos, making plant-based options available and affordable to all.
In 2021, Yum Foods, Taco Bell’s parent company, partnered with Beyond Meat in order to produce plant-based menu items. Despite the protein being made from beans, there is relatively no difference when it comes to taste. On October 13, Taco Bell restaurants in the Dayton, Ohio area will start offering Beyond Meat and Beyond Carne Asada steak alternatives.
Image Credit: Taco Bell
Taco Bell Launches the New ‘Beyond Carne Asada Steak' with Beyond Meat
1. Plant-based Protein - The rise of plant-based proteins and meat alternatives is disrupting the traditional meat industry and creating new market opportunities.
2. Affordable Health Consciousness - The trend of affordable health-conscious food options is transforming the fast-food industry and providing new opportunities for healthier food choices at accessible prices.
3. Sustainable Eating - The trend of sustainable eating is driving innovation in plant-based food production, packaging, and distribution while reducing the environmental impact of food consumption.
1. Plant-based Food Industry - The plant-based food industry is rapidly expanding with innovative products and marketing strategies that aim to replace traditional meat-based foods.
2. Fast-food Industry - The fast-food industry is responding to changing consumer demands for healthier, sustainable, and affordable food options by incorporating plant-based proteins and innovating in food production and distribution.
3. Environmental Sustainability Industry - The trend of sustainable eating is driving the growth of environmental sustainability industries from food production to packaging and waste management solutions.