In Rio de Janeiro, Heineken created a functional bar billboard that allowed people to drive up and sample the brand's zero-alcohol lager, Heineken 0.0. The pop-up outdoor bar was stationed on the roadside and set up in such a way so that drivers could enjoy a safe drive-up experience in compliance with current social distancing protocols.
Complete with its own bar staff, the interactive billboard was set up for three days and helped to reach consumers at a time when they are having to avoid their favorite in-person bars and restaurants.
To drive home the point that zero-alcohol beer can be consumed at any time of the day, Heineken found a clever way to communicate a timely message for the holidays when it comes to drinking and driving.
Image Credit: Heineken
Heineken Created a Pop-Up Outdoor Bar Serving Zero-Alcohol Heineken 0.0
1. Functional Bar Billboards - Opportunities for brands to create interactive billboards that serve as functional spaces, providing unique experiences and reaching consumers in a socially distanced world.
2. Zero-alcohol Beverages - Growing demand for zero-alcohol alternatives in the beverage industry, creating opportunities for companies to innovate and offer non-alcoholic options that can be enjoyed anytime.
3. Drive-up Experiences - The rise of drive-up experiences as a safe and convenient way for consumers to engage with brands, creating opportunities for businesses to design unique drive-through concepts.
1. Advertising and Marketing - The advertising and marketing industry can leverage functional bar billboards to create interactive brand experiences that engage consumers and drive brand awareness.
2. Beverage - The beverage industry can capitalize on the growing demand for zero-alcohol beverages by developing innovative and flavorful non-alcoholic drink options.
3. Hospitality and Entertainment - The hospitality and entertainment industries can explore drive-up experiences as a way to provide safe and unique dining or entertainment options for customers.