The Banian armchair by APPARTEMENT2 is an elegant seating solution that draws design inspiration from a natural source to bring a touch of the natural world into the home environment. Designed by Caroline Grondin and Guillaume Avarguez, the chair draws inspiration from the Banyan tree, which is achieved using a mix of materials including metal, wood and textile. The black metal legs provide a contrast to the tamarind wood armrests and the upholstered cushion as well as the two rounded pillows that provide back support for the sitter.
The Banian armchair by APPARTEMENT2 was unveiled at Maison & Objet 2020 and is part of a limited-edition collection that draws inspiration from Reunion Island to bring a touch of the natural world indoors.
Image Credit: APPARTEMENT2
The Banian Armchair by APPARTEMENT2 Combines Materials
1. Nature-inspired Seating - The Banian armchair by APPARTEMENT2 is an example of how designs inspired by nature can bring a touch of the natural world into interior spaces.
2. Mixed Material Design - The Banian armchair's combination of metal, wood, and textile showcases the trend of using various materials to create unique and visually appealing seating solutions.
3. Limited-edition Collections - The Banian armchair is part of a limited-edition collection, reflecting the trend of creating exclusive and collectible pieces for discerning consumers.
1. Furniture - The furniture industry can explore nature-inspired designs and mixed material combinations to create innovative seating solutions.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate nature-inspired seating solutions like the Banian armchair to infuse natural elements into residential and commercial spaces.
3. Home Decor - The home decor industry can tap into the trend of limited-edition collections and offer unique and exclusive seating options like the Banian armchair for style-conscious consumers.