Recently, modern Italian brand Billiani dropped a new seating collection, designed by Philippe Bestenheider. The capsule's name is 'Edelweiss' and the silhouettes that are part of it were inspired by "the concept of balance."
The sculptural construction of the chairs definitely plays around with the intricacies of form and creates a visual appeal. The collaborators focused on delivering a seating collection that was both comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. To infuse the designs with some interesting qualities, Billiani and Philippe Bestenheider referenced "the formal and constructive elegance of Swiss design" which also is very deeply intertwined with the idea of balance. More specifically, "Bestenheider made reference to traditional Alpine chairs that share the slotted construction between the seat and backrest."
Image Credit: Billiani
Philippe Bestenheider Designs a Seating Capsule for Billiani
1. Balance-inspired Seating - Designing seating collections inspired by balance can create visually appealing and comfortable furniture.
2. Sculptural Construction - Sculptural construction can be used to create visually appealing furniture designs that also prioritize comfort.
3. Incorporating Traditional Design Elements - Incorporating traditional design elements from different cultures can create unique and interesting furniture pieces.
1. Furniture Design - Furniture designers can incorporate the idea of balance and sculptural construction to create unique and comfortable furniture pieces.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can use balance-inspired seating collections to create visually appealing and comfortable living spaces.
3. Architecture - Architects can incorporate balance-inspired seating into their designs to create unique and functional public spaces.