In preparation for the busy Christmas shopping season, London’s Covent Garden shopping district is making the most of augmented reality technology to create what's being called the largest showcase of augmented reality technology that's ever been attempted in one location.
At Covent Garden, more than 140 stores and restaurants are taking part in the six-week initiative, which is being run as part of a joint effort with AR app provider Blippar.
Shoppers will be able to take on AR treasure hunts, unlock special offers from an AR Christmas tree and locate "gift picks," rewards and other incentives on in-store tags. The showcase of augmented reality technology will also show off an interactive AR map of the district, as well as stickers on the fronts of restaurants that reveal menus and other offerings.
Covent Garden is Leveraging Augmented Reality Technology for the Holidays
1. Augmented Reality Shopping - Covent Garden is using augmented reality technology to enhance the shopping experience, offering AR treasure hunts, special offers, and interactive maps.
2. Ar-based Marketing Campaigns - Covent Garden's use of augmented reality technology for its holiday campaign highlights the growing trend of AR in marketing, offering new opportunities for businesses to engage with their customers.
3. Location-based AR Experiences - Covent Garden's showcase of augmented reality technology demonstrates the potential of location-based AR experiences, providing a blueprint for other shopping districts and tourist destinations.
1. Retail - The use of augmented reality technology in Covent Garden's holiday campaign presents new opportunities for the retail industry to attract and engage customers.
2. Marketing - Covent Garden's AR-based marketing campaign indicates the increasing role of augmented reality in the marketing industry, providing innovative ways for businesses to advertise and promote their offerings.
3. Tourism - The use of augmented reality technology in Covent Garden's showcase provides the tourism industry with an opportunity to create immersive and interactive experiences for visitors.