Founded in an attempt to better end colony collapse disorder, ApisProtect utilizes sensors and networking to better monitor and protect beehives. The core technology used by the start-up empowers beekeepers with the ability to monitor hives remotely 24/7. This eliminates the need for periodic manual checks and allows the bees to live a more unobstructed life. This is accomplished through a combination of machine learning and satellite-enabled sensors retrofitted into existing beehives.
ApisProtect is already being used to monitor 6 million honey bees in 144 hives across North America and Europe. This is incredible for the beekeeping industry as Apis Protect offers a fundamentally different way for beekeepers to monitor their hives and better address issues that may be affecting them.
ApisProtect Uses Machine Learning to Help Beehives Thrive
1. Remote Monitoring - The use of sensors and networking technology allows for remote monitoring of beehives, providing an opportunity for other industries to implement similar strategies.
2. Machine Learning - The incorporation of machine learning into beehive monitoring enables more accurate data analysis and predictive capabilities, paving the way for other industries to leverage this technology.
3. Satellite-enabled Sensors - The use of satellite-enabled sensors in beehive monitoring provides an opportunity for industries to explore the application of this technology in remote monitoring systems.
1. Agriculture - Remote monitoring and machine learning technology can be applied to optimize farming practices and improve crop production.
2. Environmental Conservation - The use of remote monitoring and machine learning in the beekeeping industry can be extended to monitor and protect other endangered species and ecosystems.
3. Logistics and Supply Chain - Satellite-enabled sensors can be utilized in logistics and supply chain management to enhance tracking capabilities and improve efficiency.