'Aggro Crab,' the Seattle-based independent game developer famous for its third-person roguelite game 'Going Under,' announced 'Another Crab's Treasure,' an action role playing game. In Another Crab's Treasure, players will assume the role of a small crustacean thrown into the dangerous world of the open ocean.
Aggro Crab stated that the game is a 'soulslike,' meaning it is similar to the massively popular 'Dark Souls' series. In this sense, Another Crab's Treasure will have difficult combat, rewarding checkpoints, and a wide range of freedom for the player. Throughout the game, the player will utilize items found in the bottom of the ocean as weapons or as homes. These items include cups, forks, buckets, and other ocean-bound waste.
Image Credit: Aggro Crab
Another Crab's Treasure is Aggro Crab's Second Crustacean-Themed Game
1. Soulslike Adventure Games - Opportunities to create challenging yet rewarding adventure games similar to Dark Souls with unique themes, such as crustaceans or other sea creatures.
2. Environmentalist Gaming - Opportunities to create games that educate players about environmental issues and encourage recycling through the use of ocean waste as weapons or resources.
3. Indie Game Development - Opportunities for independent game developers to produce unique and innovative games that can gain attention and success with creative themes and gameplay mechanics.
1. Video Game Development - Video game developers can explore unique themes and incorporate challenging gameplay mechanics to create innovative and successful games beyond traditional genres.
2. Environmental Activism - Environmental organizations can leverage the popularity of video games to inspire players to learn more about environmental issues and take action in their community.
3. Plastic Waste Management - Plastic waste management organizations can explore opportunities to recycle ocean waste for creative purposes, such as game development or other art projects.