'Alter Ego' by Robbie Cooper approaches that phenomenon by examining the relationship between online gamers and their avatars.
‘Alter Ego’ by Robbie Cooper features a myriad of gamers from all over the world and from all walks of life. Each is an MMORPG (Massivevly Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) player who spends anywhere from eight to 80 hours a week in-game as their virtual self in games like Lineage II, World of Warcraft and even Second Life. Robbie Cooper’s project proves that online gaming is not limited to one type of person, age group, ethnicity or occupation.
Alter Ego by Robbie Cooper is an In-Depth Look at Gamer Icons
1. Online Gaming - Opportunity for gamification in various industries to engage consumers and create immersive experiences.
2. Avatar Personalization - Potential for customization platforms that allow users to create unique avatars and express their individuality.
3. Virtual Identity - Emerging market for technologies that enhance online users' ability to create and maintain virtual personas.
1. Entertainment - Disruptive potential in the gaming industry to create more immersive, interactive and personalized gaming experiences.
2. Fashion - Opportunity to develop virtual fashion industries that cater to consumers' desire for unique avatar outfits and accessories.
3. Social Media - Potential for social media platforms to integrate avatar personalization features and enhance users' online presence.