The 'Wonderfall' menu that's been unveiled for Pret A Manger's fall season include comforting additions like the Fall Harvest Salad, a Spiced Pumpkin Muffin and an Almond Turmeric Latte.
The all-new beverage is described as being "warm and earthy," blend of organic almond milk, turmeric and spices that may be served either hot or iced. In terms of taste, the drink is described as partly sweet, salty and spicy. As an ingredient in food and beverages, turmeric is revered for its incredible anti-inflammatory properties, as well as well as its ability to increase the antioxidant capacity of the body, among many other benefits.
Lattes made with turmeric can now also be found on the menus at Starbucks and Le Pain Quotidien, representing a consumer interest in health-focused beverages powered by potent superfood ingredients.
Pret A Manger is Serving a Comforting Almond Turmeric Latte for the Fall
1. Superfood Beverages - With the increase in customer demand for health-focused beverages powered by potent superfood ingredients, there is an opportunity to innovate and create new beverage concepts.
2. Anti-inflammatory Foods - The use of anti-inflammatory ingredients like turmeric are becoming more popular indicating there is opportunity for food and beverage companies to incorporate these ingredients in menus and products in a creative way.
3. Fall-inspired Menus - Seasonal menus that feature fall-inspired flavors present an opportunity for restaurants and cafes to offer limited edition items that attract customers and generate buzz.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can capitalize on incorporating superfoods and anti-inflammatory ingredients in their menu items and create limited edition seasonal menus.
2. Cafe and Coffee Shops - Providing healthy and unique alternatives to traditional coffee and tea drinks gives smaller coffee shops the chance to differentiate themselves from larger chains and attract a wider customer base.
3. Health and Wellness - With the increase of consumers interested in healthier lifestyles and functional foods, health and wellness companies can tap into this growing market by developing new products and services that cater to these needs.