Surrealism is one of my favorite artistic styles and the work of Alex Gardner stands apart from the rest as a modern approach to the style that has evolved immensely over the course the past several decades. Instead of paying specific attention to the main details, Gardner focuses more on the lesser noticed specifics like line contours and background imagery.
The faceless people within the work of Gardner gives each the unique quality of being multinational and multifaceted; we can easily slip ourselves into the world of these trouble characters simply because they are the any man or woman.
Based out of Los Angeles, Gardner's work "explores human nature and reoccurring themes such as desire, ethics and anxiety are often juxtaposed with the notion of leisure."
Alex Gardner Sets the Somber Tone with Moody Colors and Melancholy
1. Evolution of Surrealism - The modern approach to surrealism in Alex Gardner's work showcases the evolving nature of this artistic style.
2. Focus on Lesser Noticed Details - Gardner's emphasis on line contours and background imagery opens up opportunities to explore the beauty and meaning in overlooked aspects.
3. Faceless Representation of Multinational Identities - The faceless people in Gardner's work allow for a universal connection, providing a disruptive innovation opportunity in exploring diverse narratives and identities.
1. Art and Design - Gardner's surrealistic approach offers opportunities for innovative artistic expression and exploration.
2. Fashion and Lifestyle - The mood and aesthetics depicted in Gardner's work can inspire unique fashion designs and lifestyle trends.
3. Psychology and Mental Health - By delving into the themes of desire, ethics, and anxiety, Gardner's work can inform research and innovations in understanding human nature and well-being.