The Aidia Studio ‘Milkywave’ is a zig-zag artistic display of 1,664 dangling lights. The illumination is created by using ceramic yogurt jars that are fitted with tiny light bulbs and suspended from the ceiling using long electrical cords. The display is set up in an abandoned bicycle factory at Dashilar and curves down a flight of stairs, forming figure-eight patterns on the two ceilings.
The objective for the Aidia Studio Milkywave is to take mass-consumed products, such as the yogurt containers, and turn them into mystifying masterpieces. The containers shine like brimming stars, beautifying a gloomy concrete building and making it a warm and inviting place.
The art installation is just one of the designs on display for the 2012 Beijing Design Week.
The Aidia Studio Milkywave is an Illuminating Recycled Art Display
1. Upcycled Art Installations - Creating art installations using discarded or mass-consumed products, like yogurt containers, to create visually stunning displays.
2. Creative Lighting Design - Exploring innovative lighting designs that go beyond traditional fixtures and use unconventional materials to create unique illumination effects.
3. Interactive Exhibition Spaces - Transforming abandoned or overlooked spaces into captivating exhibition areas that engage visitors and create immersive experiences.
1. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists and designers to create sustainable and visually appealing installations by repurposing everyday objects.
2. Lighting and Electrical - Innovative lighting manufacturers can explore new materials and methods to design captivating and environmentally-friendly lighting solutions.
3. Event Management and Experiential Marketing - Utilizing unique and interactive exhibition spaces to create memorable experiences for events, trade shows, and brand activations.