This tongue-in-cheek ad from headphones brand AIAIAI uses an of-the-moment reference in the hopes of drawing attention to itself and boosting sales.
At the official launch of Pokemon Go in Denmark, the headphone brand wanted to catch the eyes of the many Pokemon players who would be roaming the streets in search of virtual monsters. The #PokemonNoGo ad reads: "We don't have any of the 729 Pokemon here in our store. But what about catching one of our 756 different headphones?"
With the recent popularity of Pokemon Go, many retailers have been quick to take advantage of the augmented reality game for marketing purposes. Others like headphone brand AIAIAI playfully poke fun at the game without letting Pokemon upstage what normally drives people to visit the store.
This AIAIAI Ad Pokes Fun at the Popularity of Pokemon Go
1. Pokemon Go Marketing - Opportunity for brands to leverage the popularity of Pokemon Go for advertising and promotional campaigns.
2. Augmented Reality Advertising - Utilizing augmented reality technology to engage consumers and create unique marketing experiences.
3. Humorous Branding - Using playful and humorous messaging in advertising to grab attention and differentiate from competitors.
1. Headphone Retail - Headphone retailers can capitalize on the Pokemon Go craze by promoting their products as an alternative for gamers.
2. Mobile Gaming - Opportunity for mobile gaming companies to partner with brands for in-game advertising and special promotions.
3. Retail Technology - Companies in the retail technology space can develop augmented reality platforms and advertising solutions for brands looking to take advantage of the Pokemon Go phenomenon.