Toyota is advertising its 2018 Camry in a new magazine ad that's taking viewers on a multi-sensory journey.
The magazine insert comes complete with two door handles that are equipped with built-in sensors. When pulled apart, the print ad reveals the car's interior which includes a leathery, new car smell and a real-time heart monitor on the car's dashboard. According to Nancy Inouye, Toyota's media director, this ad re-created "the 2018 Camry dashboard in a sensory pop-up experience, complete with sights, sounds and a new car scent, Toyota is using a breakthrough stylish creative unit to capture attention and engage with readers.”
The inventive advertising campaign is available in the March issue of InStyle magazine.
Image Credit: AdWeek, InStyle
Toyota's Multi-Sensory Print Ad is Promoting Its 2018 Camry
1. Multi-sensory Magazine Ads - Opportunity for brands to create immersive advertising experiences that engage multiple senses and capture consumer attention.
2. Real-time Interactive Print Ads - Potential for print ads to integrate interactive elements and real-time data, offering a unique and engaging experience for readers.
3. Sensory Pop-up Experiences - Emerging trend of creating physical, interactive pop-up experiences within print media, allowing brands to showcase their products in a tactile and experiential manner.
1. Automotive - Opportunities for car manufacturers to create innovative print ads that provide an immersive and interactive experience, showcasing their vehicles in a unique way.
2. Advertising - Potential for the advertising industry to embrace multi-sensory print ads as a disruptive innovation, offering clients new and engaging ways to promote their products.
3. Publishing - Opportunity for publishers to collaborate with brands in creating interactive magazine inserts, enhancing reader experience and attracting advertisers with innovative advertising solutions.