Jenna Marbles has remained one of the biggest stars on YouTube for years due to her humorously sarcastic personality and her ability to create videos surrounding some of the most buzzed-about topics on the Internet -- with one of her most recent being a compilation of the 100 layers of makeup videos that are circulating on the site.
In a bizarre fad, many of YouTube's creative gurus have been experimenting with extreme makeup looks, piling on 100 layers of foundation, mascara, lipstick, nail polish and more and racking up millions of views because of it. Rather than focusing on one of these however, Jenna Marbles put on 100 layers of everything -- even swapping out the mascara for fake eyelashes instead. The resulting video is hilarious, entertaining and a little bit horrifying.
Jenna Marbles Experimented with the 100 Layers of Product Fad on YouTube
1. Extreme Makeup Challenges - The trend of extreme makeup challenges on YouTube presents opportunities for makeup brands to showcase their products and create new tutorials for consumers.
2. Humorous Makeup Videos - The rise in popularity of humorous makeup videos, like Jenna Marbles' 100 layers of makeup, could provide opportunities for brands to develop comedic promotions and collaborations with content creators.
3. Challenging Gender Norms in Beauty - The trend of male makeup tutorials and the rise of non-binary beauty influencers presents opportunities for beauty brands to create inclusive products and campaigns.
1. Makeup - Extreme makeup challenges and humorous makeup videos create opportunities for makeup brands to showcase their products and engage with consumers on social media.
2. Beauty Influencer Marketing - As more beauty influencers gain popularity for their humorous and entertaining makeup tutorials, brands should explore opportunities for influencer marketing partnerships.
3. Digital Media - The trend of extreme makeup challenges and humorous makeup videos on YouTube shows the potential for brands to use digital media to promote their products and engage with consumers in a new and creative way.