The zipper is no longer just a utilitarian piece of equipment used for easy fastening clothing because the Zipper Necklace by Frans van Nieuwenborg and Martijn Wegman takes the piece of hardware to new heights as a fashionable accessory.
The Zipper Necklace by Frans van Nieuwenborg and Martijn Wegman is designed to look like a zipper that has been partially unzipped with the remaining portion left loose. The wearer then puts their head through the opening and voila; a futuristic piece of killer jewelry. Speaking about the simplistic design, the artists explain, "‘What do we have to add to a technical miracle such as the zipper? Nothing! So, that is what I did."
The Zipper Necklace by Frans van Nieuwenborg and Martijn Wegman is made from sterling silver, which means it won't tarnish and will be ready for plenty of wear.
The Zipper Necklace by Frans van Nieuwenborg and Martijn Wegman is Chic
1. Zipper Jewelry - Jewelry designers can incorporate zippers into their designs to create unique and futuristic accessories.
2. Functional Fashion - Fashion brands can integrate elements of utility, such as zippers, into their designs to create fashionable yet functional clothing.
3. Simplicity in Design - Designers can focus on simplicity to create minimalistic yet fashionable accessories like the Zipper Necklace.
1. Jewelry Industry - Jewelry designers can utilize innovative materials and designs like zippers to create unique and creative jewelry pieces.
2. Fashion Industry - Fashion designers can incorporate zippers into their clothing designs to create functional yet fashionable pieces.
3. Product Design Industry - Product designers can explore simplicity in design to create minimalistic yet innovative products like the Zipper Necklace.