It's no secret that a good breakfast is a great way to start the day, but this worldwide breakfast infographic reveals some interesting food types from around the globe.
While the top ten breakfast foods of choice are the most common, including coffee, breakfast sandwiches, cold and hot cereal and juice, the infographic by Chef Works raises some interesting facts. In Australia, for example, fewer that 10 % of Aussies eat a cooked breakfast, with the main choice of breakfast is vegemite on toast. It's difficult to explain what vegemite is, but it is essentially a very salty and bitter mix of brewers' yeast extract, vegetables, wheat and spices.
In South Africa, the standard breakfast dish is an "Boerewors," which is a traditional sausage served with scrambled ostrich eggs. In Argentina, a croissant type pastry named "facturas" is served with yerba mate, which is made from steeping dry leaves and twigs from the yerba plant in hot water.
The Chart Reveals Breakfast Choices That Could Count as Lunch
1. Alternative Breakfast Choices - The rise of alternative breakfast choices provides an opportunity for companies to create innovative and unique breakfast products that cater to specific demographics.
2. Cultural Fusion Cuisine - The popularity of breakfast choices that reflect culture or tradition offers an opportunity for food industry players to expand the fusion cuisine trend into breakfast offerings.
3. Health and Wellness Breakfast - The increased focus on health and wellness offers an opportunity for businesses to create innovative and customized breakfast options that cater to specific dietary choices like vegan, gluten-free, and paleo.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - The food industry can leverage the worldwide breakfast trends to create new product lines and expand their offerings to cater to global consumers.
2. Hospitality Industry - Hotels and resorts have an opportunity to provide a more diverse breakfast menu that showcases local and traditional cuisine.
3. Health and Wellness Industry - The health and wellness industry can tap into the worldwide breakfast trends to provide customized breakfast options that cater to specific dietary needs and preferences.