Standing desks, comfortable couches and in-office activities like ping pong are all features of a modern workplace that can appeal to employees on a superficial level, but real workplace benefits that enrich the personal and professional lives of individuals are what keep employees happy and productive.
Loftey, an apartment rental platform in midtown Manhattan has a firm grip on this concept, and offers its employees competitive perks that help them stay loyal to the company. One of these perks is its newly implemented and successful 'Pawternity' leave program, which enables an employee to take time off work to care for their pets. This benefit offers bereavement time to grieve the loss of a pet, as well as paid days off to care for a newly homed or sick four-legged friend.
Loftey's offering helps its employees find a more comfortable balance between work and life, as it ensures one's career won't stand in the way of seeking a pet companion.
Image Credit: PhotoTalk via Getty Images
Loftey's 'Paw-ternity' Leave Helps Employees Care for Their Pets
1. Pet-focused Workplace Benefits - More companies may begin to offer pet-friendly policies, such as Paw-ternity leave, as a way to attract and retain employees.
2. Work-life Balance Benefits - This trend highlights the importance of providing benefits that address employees' personal lives, in addition to their work lives, in order to increase job satisfaction and retention rates.
3. Customized Employee Benefits - Employers are recognizing the value of offering tailored benefits packages, like Loftey's Paw-ternity leave, to meet the unique needs and preferences of their employees.
1. Human Resources - The HR industry may see an increase in demand for benefits specialists who can advise companies on the latest trends in employee benefits and compensation packages.
2. Pet Care - The pet care industry can capitalize on this trend by providing products and services that cater to pet owners who want to prioritize their pets' well-being and care.
3. Rental Services - Rental service companies, particularly those in the real estate industry, can differentiate themselves by offering pet-friendly policies and creating a more welcoming environment for pet owners.