There are a multitude of ways to create personable characters that will win over the hearts of many and Wood Works I by Clint Reid of Tillman Project, an artist and illustrator based in Durango, Colorado, embraces the material of wood to do just that. Somewhat reminiscent of ancient Japanese art styles, the art pieces are created using acrylic paint, paint markers and more. Although at first glance they appear to have been carved out or even strategically burnt.
By the looks of the series titled Wood Works I by Clint Reid, the talented artist has a particular affinity for beards. Or perhaps they are supposed to represent self-portraits considering that he boasts some impresses facial hair himself. He has dubbed himself the bearded brother on his Behance page, after all.
Wood Works I by Clint Reid is Cartoonishly Earthy
1. Wooden Art - Exploring the use of wood as a medium for creating personable characters.
2. Ancient Japanese Art Styles - Adopting artistic techniques and inspirations from traditional Japanese art.
3. Self-portraits in Art - Creating art pieces that represent the artist themselves or their personal traits.
1. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists and designers to experiment with unconventional materials and techniques.
2. Home Decor and Furnishings - Creating unique wooden art pieces to be used as home decor or furniture.
3. Personal Branding and Identity - Using artistic self-portraits as a way to establish a distinctive personal brand.