The tech industry is still predominantly a "boys club," but the inaugural 'Women in Product' conference aims to empower females who are part of the Silicon Valley industry. Facebook is one of the sponsors of the conference and is hosting the conference at its California headquarters.
The conference schedule is packed full of insightful panels and networking opportunities, and expected attendees include women from the likes of Google, Apple and Uber. Deborah Liu who is VP of Platform and Marketplace at Facebook said "The ultimate goal for the conference is for women product leaders to learn from each other."
The keynote address is being given by Facebook COO and author of Lean In Sheryl Sandberg. Other speakers include Joanna Lambert the VP of Consumer Product and Consumer Financial Services at PayPal and Christine Lee the Senior Product Manager at Twitter. The invitation-only conference is aimed at bolstering women in leadership and executive positions within product management.
Facebook Sponsors Inaugural 'Women in Product' Conference
1. Empowering Women in Tech - The 'Women in Product' conference aims to empower females in the tech industry and encourage their career advancement.
2. Increasing Diversity in Tech - The conference provides a platform for women from major tech companies to come together, fostering diversity within the industry.
3. Leadership Development for Women - The conference focuses on developing leadership and executive skills for women in product management roles.
1. Tech Industry - The conference addresses the gender imbalance within the male-dominated tech industry and presents opportunities for disruptive innovation.
2. Conference Industry - The growth of women-inspired tech conferences presents opportunities for event organizers to cater to a specific audience and create networking platforms.
3. Product Management Industry - The conference highlights the need for more diversity within product management and presents opportunities for innovative approaches and strategies.