The White House chatbot is a new updated way to contact the President with questions, comments and concerns.
The White House chatbot is the latest way to send a note to the President. The tradition of the President answering the letters of citizens started with Thomas Jefferson and has continued to be done by every president since. President Obama reads and responds to 10 notes a night, both by chatbot and traditional notes.
The creation of the White House chatbot was to create another way for people to reach out to the President to have their voices heard. The White House chatbot follows the movement of being able to digitally access the President and First Lady, like through the @POTUS Twitter account and the First Lady's Snapchat account.
The White House Chatbot is an Updated Way to Contact the President
1. Digital Presidential Communication - The White House chatbot is a new way for citizens to digitally connect with the President, opening opportunities for further innovation in digital government communication.
2. Augmented Presidential Correspondence - The White House chatbot enhances the traditional practice of the President answering letters by incorporating technology, presenting potential for augmented reality and interactive correspondence.
3. Accessible Political Engagement - The creation of the White House chatbot demonstrates a growing movement towards making political engagement more accessible to the public, paving the way for inclusive and participatory democracy.
1. Government Technology - The White House chatbot showcases the potential for technology-driven innovation in government communication, encouraging advancements in digital tools for public engagement.
2. Chatbot Development - The implementation of the White House chatbot presents opportunities for chatbot developers to create similar systems for other governmental organizations and public figures.
3. Social Media Platforms - The success of the @POTUS Twitter account and the First Lady's Snapchat account, alongside the creation of the White House chatbot, highlights the need for social media platforms to continue evolving and accommodating political engagement.