Fashion label WEYEP specializes in creating upcycled apparel using reworked fabrication. For the Spring/Summer 2020 season, the brand spotlights Americana design language. There are silhouettes such as button-down tops, collegiate style crewneck sweaters, liner jackets, trench coats, militaristic items, as well as some workwear.
In addition to this, the seasonal capsule also delivers some footwear in the form of sneakers and brogues. The piece that stands out the most in the collection is the aforementioned crewneck sweater. It is constructed from a variety of upcycled fabrics that inform the structure in a paneling manner. The shoulder features strips of paisley patterned material to add some stark contrast. Another notable item is the vertically stitched Ralph Lauren polo shirt that blends together three blue tonal fabrics.
Image Credit: WEYEP
WEYEP Utilized Upcycled Reworked Fabrics for the SS20 Season
1. Upcycled Fashion - WEYEP's utilization of upcycled fabrics for their Americana inspired line presents an opportunity for other fashion brands to explore similar sustainable production methods.
2. Eco-friendly Apparel - The use of reworked fabrics in WEYEP's SS20 collection highlights the growing trend of consumers prioritizing environmentally sustainable fashion choices and presents an opportunity for more brands to cater to this demand.
3. Heritage Design - WEYEP's Americana inspired collection showcases the potential for heritage style fashion to remain relevant, while the incorporation of sustainable materials aligns with the trend towards conscious consumerism.
1. Fashion - WEYEP's upcycling methods and Americana inspired designs showcase innovative approaches to sustainable fashion production and design, presenting opportunities for both established and emerging fashion brands.
2. Sustainability - WEYEP's use of reworked fabrics presents an opportunity for companies to explore more sustainable production methods and cater to the growing demand for eco-friendly products and practices.
3. Heritage Brands - WEYEP's incorporation of heritage design elements in their SS20 collection presents opportunities for other heritage brands to update their offerings with sustainable and socially conscious production methods.