For VM Architecture & Design (VMAD), there could hardly be a higher pressure job than the West Elm Corporate Headquarters, which recently opened in Brooklyn's DUMBO neighborhood. West Elm is a design and decor retailer, so it's absolutely essential that the company's corporate space be a paragon of taste and aesthetic. VMAD seems to have risen to the challenge, however, creating a sophisticated office environment inside of the historic, 150-year old Empire Store Warehouse complex.
According to VMAD, the goal was to create something "more like an art gallery than a trendy office environment." The space thus includes custom artistic elements throughout, including a showroom for furniture (which is currently displaying West Elm's WORKSPACE line,) painting lights, and several pieces of artwork across the walls of the large, 100,000 square foot space.
The West Elm Corporate Headquarters Recently Moved into a Brooklyn Space
1. Sophisticated Office Environments - Designing unique office environments that showcase branded furniture lines and artistic elements that elevate worker productivity and commitment.
2. Custom Corporate Showrooms - Creating custom showrooms in corporate spaces for product lines showcases, and sales events.
3. Historic Warehouse Offices - Creating modern office spaces inside historic warehouse buildings to blend the old with the new.
1. Interior Design - Expertise in interior design, creating custom art, furniture, and lighting elements to set off spaces.
2. Retail Design - Creating customized retail showrooms for product lines displays and sales.
3. Architectural Design - Designing modern, efficient spaces inside historic buildings that accommodate current business requirements and goals.