Bringing new meaning to the words 'time frame,' the Schmutz watch art series is like a collection of small-scale framed artwork that is meant to be worn on the wrist.
Each one is a one-of-a-kind piece as they are individually, hand-crafted and hand-painted by various contemporary artists. As company executive Lee Dowell explains, the designs are "a collaboration between leather artists, leather craftsman, machinists, watchmakers" as well as the wearer who can customize and style the watches. Choose a strap color, accent color and artist to craft a dial for a personalized piece of artwork.
The smooth, rectangular shape sets this collection of timepieces apart and acts as a perfect frame for the watch art designs that are on display on the face of the watches.
The Schmutz Line Focuses on the Design of Watch Art
1. Artistic Timepieces - Develop a line of timepieces that feature unique artwork designs on the watch face.
2. Customizable Watches - Create a customizable line of watches that allow the wearer to choose the band color, watch face design, and accent colors.
3. Handcrafted Watches - Develop a line of individually handcrafted watches featuring various contemporary artists' designs on the watch face.
1. Fashion Accessories - The fashion accessory industry can incorporate unique artistic features into their products such as watches and other jewelry.
2. Art Collecting - The watch art industry can attract art collectors interested in expanding their collections with wearable art pieces.
3. Custom Products - Customization is a key feature of this product line, making it an opportunity for industries that offer bespoke products or customization option such as the tech industry.