Capitalizing on the personalization and customization that has emerged in the beverage industry, research and development firm Cambridge Consultants has created Vinfusion: a robot that creates custom wine blends based on input from consumers.
Though master wineries likely consider the task of creating wine as an art, there is no doubt that a healthy amount of science is involved. Though Vinfusion may lack a certainly indefinable artistry, it goes all in for the science of wine.
The researchers at Cambridge Consultants analyzed the chemical compositions of many different wines from around the world. Breaking these down into four essential flavor categories, the Vinfusion can thus combine these formulae in a variety of ways to deliver personal wines based on consumer tastes.
Vinfusion Creates Unique Wine Compositions On Demand
1. Personalized Beverage Creation - The trend of personalization and customization in the beverage industry is driving the creation of robots like Vinfusion that can create custom wine blends.
2. Science-based Wine Production - The integration of science into the winemaking process, as demonstrated by Vinfusion, presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the industry.
3. Chemical Composition Analysis - The use of chemical composition analysis to understand flavor profiles and create unique wine compositions, as done by Cambridge Consultants, is an emerging trend.
1. Beverage Industry - Vinfusion's development highlights the potential for disruptive innovation and customization in the beverage industry.
2. Wine Production - The use of custom wine-blending robots like Vinfusion presents an opportunity for innovative approaches to wine production.
3. Research and Development - Companies specializing in research and development, such as Cambridge Consultants, can leverage the trend of personalized beverage creation to offer cutting-edge solutions.