The small village of Tschlin in Switzerland, is known for being incredibly peaceful and quiet, until the Village-Phone promotion began.
The Village-Phone promotion was a tourism campaign that had a phone in the village square interrupting the quiet little town. Anyone could call the village square phone and if a town resident didn't answer the phone in time, the caller would win a vacation to the Graubünden region in which the town is located or other prizes. The ad shows locals going about their daily lives, but dropping everything to try to answer the phone in time.
The campaign had both locals and callers interacting and the campaign received a lot of attention. In the six days the campaign ran for, there were over 30,000 phone calls, 3,906 conversations and an estimated 23 million people saw the campaign through media and online exposure.
The Village-Phone Promotion Had Callers Interrupting a Quiet Swiss Town
1. Interactive Tourism Campaigns - Creating engaging and interactive tourism campaigns can generate buzz and attract a wider audience.
2. Innovative Promotional Initiatives - Implementing unique and attention-grabbing promotional initiatives can increase brand visibility and drive customer engagement.
3. Localized Advertising Strategies - Utilizing targeted and localized advertising strategies can effectively reach specific audiences and create a sense of community engagement.
1. Tourism and Hospitality - The tourism and hospitality industry can utilize interactive campaigns to showcase unique destinations and attract tourists.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can explore innovative promotional initiatives to help brands stand out and gain attention in a competitive market.
3. Telecommunication - The telecommunication industry can leverage localized advertising strategies to promote their services and engage with potential customers.