Hailing from the eccentric cuisine and culture of New Orleans is this rich, strong and citrus cocktail known as the Vieux Carre that is baked with rye, bitters and a splash of lemon. The cocktail has reich French roots and a delicious taste thanks to a herbal honey liqueur base.
The Vieux Carre is a sophisticated drink that is served over the rocks and focuses on the combination of liquor and liqueurs to form an unforgettable taste rather than outside ingredients or garnishes. The beverage incorporates rye, sweet vermouth, cognac and a rich Benedictine honey and herb liqueur. Added to the mix are two lemon twists and bitters to create a pungent, sweet yet aromatic drink.
This Vieux Carre New Orleans Drink Features Rich Bitters and Rye
1. Herbal Cocktails - Herbal cocktails are becoming increasingly popular with creative variations such as the Vieux Carre in New Orleans.
2. Liqueur Bases - The use of herbal liqueur bases in cocktails such as the Benedictine honey and herb liqueur is a growing trend.
3. Simplistic Mixology - Cocktail drinkers are drawn towards simplistic yet refined drinks such as the Vieux Carre.
1. Beverage - Beverage companies could tap into the growing popularity of herbal cocktails and create unique, herb-based concoctions.
2. Alcohol - Alcohol companies could create new products that focus on liqueur bases such as a honey and herb-based liqueur.
3. Hospitality - Bars and restaurants that specialize in creating unique and flavorful cocktails, like the Vieux Carre, have a disruptive innovation opportunity in the growing demand for herbal cocktails.